Makes: Serves 6
Preparation Time: 1 hour and 30 minutes
- 1 FREE-RANGE CHICKEN, CUT AT THE JOINTS
- 4 TABLESPOONS OF CORN OIL
- 1½ TABLESPOON OF TURMERIC
- 1 ONION, DICED
- 3 GARLIC CLOVES, MINCED
- ½ PEELED YELLOW BELL PEPPER, CHOPPED
- 2 TEACUPS OF RICE
- ½ BUNCH OF PARSLEY AND SCALLIONS, CHOPPED
- SALT AND BLACK PEPPER TO TASTE
Season the chicken with salt and black pepper. Heat up the oil in a large pot, add the turmeric and sear the meat, beginning with the skin side down. Add the onions, garlic, and bell pepper; braise lightly, until they whiter. Cover with water and cook for 30 minutes, without the lid, so the broth can reduce until it almost dries out. Add the rice, braise lightly and cover with 4 teacups of boiling water. Season with salt and a dash of black pepper and cook until the rice is soft. Garnish with the scallions and parsley and serve.
* Esta receita integra o livro Básico – Enciclopédia de Receitas do Brasil (Ed. Melhoramentos, 2017), à venda nas principais livrarias de todo o Brasil.